1) If I repeatedly clear the browser cache (Firefix 3.0.3 / Windows &
IE 7), the settings appear as the defaults, but it is seems pretty
clear that caching is causing a lot of this.

2) In any case, I cannot get an LDAP users to authenticate. I clearly
see the LDAP traffic generated by reviewboard (with tcpdump), but
that's the extent of any success with the settings.

Thanks for puting the effort into this...

Brian