The plan to dump my SQL, do a fresh install, and then insert the old
data worked just fine with a couple tweaks of the db data. I had a
large reviewboard DB and the new install has been working fine for a
week now.

I'd like to say that I absolutely had Django 1.0 and tip of Django
Evolution and the "unique" issue still existed, but I had a somewhat
older ReviewBoard and MySQL (mysql i think was the actual issue,
django evolution doesn't support it well yet.)

Anyway, thanks all. I'm happy to now be on a newer ReviewBoard. Some
of the perf issues we had prior with large diffs look to be partially
resolved.