With the patch I submitted, you set your LDAP Base DN, which would be
something like ou=users,cn=yourdomain,cn=com
and then in the LDAP UID Mask use something like (uid=%s).

I think the DN is still showing up in the UID Mask for a new install, I need
to check that out and submit another patch to clean that up.