My Base DN is: ou=Users,dc=ourdomain,dc=local  (note that capital U in
Users is correct)
UID mask is: uid=%s

When I try to run this code manually in python

>>> import ldap
>>> ldapo = ldap.initialize('ldap://ourldapserver:389')
>>> ldapo.search_s('ou=Users,dc=pulse,dc=local',
>>> ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL,'uid=mylogin');

I got correct result - array (or whatever) with all my LDAP

I just doesn't work on login page. I was wondering if it's not somehow
connected with the fact that in authenticate you create all those
objects and bind it, then call call get_or_create_user and create,
bind the objects again without destroying or unbinding the old one?
That is just my thought, as I mentioned before I'm not familiar with
python :).

Btw. one small suggestion - in the settings form I would change label
"LDAP server" to "LDAP URI" as you are expecting URI not the host
name. It's mentioned in the example but it was also my mistake, I just
put the hostname of our LDAP server there and it of course didn't
work :)

Cheers, Tom

On 17 Lis, 04:36, "Gavin M. Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ah yeah, it's in the field setting initial, I don't know how I missed that
> ;-)
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Gavin M. Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > With the patch I submitted, you set your LDAP Base DN, which would be
> > something like ou=users,cn=yourdomain,cn=com
> > and then in the LDAP UID Mask use something like (uid=%s).
> > I think the DN is still showing up in the UID Mask for a new install, I
> > need to check that out and submit another patch to clean that up.
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Tomas Friml <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >> Hi David,
> >> I'm trying to get reviewboard working with our OpenLDAP server but
> >> without much success so far. I've tried to use this patch before it
> >> was committed and also updated to revision 1573 today. Result is still
> >> the same - according to logs I'm getting LDAP error:  {'info':
> >> 'invalid DN', 'desc': 'Invalid DN syntax'}. I've tried to connect
> >> running the code from manually and it worked (btw. I'm
> >> completely new to python). Also using some more debug messages I found
> >> out that the authenticate method works normally, it's just the
> >> get_or_create_user (which is called from authenticate) which obviously
> >> doesn't work even if the code is the same. Also I'm quite sure that
> >> the DN base is correct. So I'm quite confused :).
> >> Any help appreciated.
> >> Cheers,
> >> Tom

To post to this group, send email to