You could create a new review with a body_top set to the text you want. The
path in question is:

Available POST data fields are "shipit", "body_top" and "body_bottom".

Another thing would be to create a review request draft, set a change
description, and publish.

What I'd like to see at some point is the ability to enter a message when
choosing "Set Submitted" or "Discard." This would be exposed in the API, and
would remove the need for reviews or review request drafts.

Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Chris Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been reading through
> and
> experimenting with some reviews I have with the json API and I can't see
> a way to make a "plain text" comment without having reference to one of:
>    * a source code (diff) line
>    * screen shot
>    * existing comment (that is based on; diff, screenshot, or a comment)
> Is this the case? I've been asked if we can add some "text" after (at
> the time) a review is marked as submitted. I'd prefer not to update the
> Description text which was the only alternative option I could think off.
> Thanks!
> Chris

To post to this group, send email to