A little update:-)

3. Opera will have CPU close to 100% only if I scroll the diff view,
and when I settle down, everything is calm. While poor IE has CPU 100%
for a long time. Just move the mouse cursor around and CPU is sky

5. Opera has the black box as well, and this time I figured it out.
When I click the title of diff block, the title is surrounded by black
box(is it intended?) And if I click the content of diff, the content
is surrounded too, but only those with green background. White
background content will not have black box.