So I see a couple things that stand out.

The first is the directory structure. I assume when you ran 'rb-site
install', you used /var/www/htdocs/reviews as the base? If so, it should
have a htdocs directory inside of it that your media and errordocs aliases
should point to.

I'd recommend instead using /var/www/reviews as your install directory, as
in your second attempt.

The second is this line:

    Alias /reviews "/var/www/htdocs/reviews/htdocs"

The root of the Review Board site (in the URL) isn't actually a directory on
the system. By putting an Alias here, you're telling Apache to look in
htdocs for some kind of an index file. Instead, mod_python should be
handling this request. Try removing this Alias and see if it helps at all.

It's best to use the existing configuration file as-is as much as possible,
since it's set up to work out of the box in most installs.

VMware, Inc.