Hi Sam.

Some distros don't provide a sites-available or sites-enabled. In these
cases, I'd just recommend modifying httpd.conf and append the configuration.
It sounds like you've tried this, though. Does the Apache error log say
anything? Also, make sure you have a NameVirtualHost entry somewhere in the
file that specifies the IP address of the server.

What do you see when you visit the site?

VMware, Inc.