Normally the auth backend wouldn't prevent you from logging in, but
the fact that it's missing the crypt module us probably preventing the
fallback.

I think before long, I'll provide special rb-site commands for
modifying settings from the command line or for just resetting the
auth backend setting. I know that doesn't help you today, but maybe
it'll improve things for others who hit this problem.

I'm not at a computer right now (typing on my iPhone) but I'll look
into the crypt issue in a bit.

What you could try for now is backing up the database file, make your
AD changes, and restoring the file if it breaks. But, until the crypt
issue is fixed, you won't be able to use AD.

Christian

On 1/26/09, Jeremy G <jeremy.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I managed to figure out how to edit the database to change the
> auth_backend back to builtin, and it's back to working. It was tough
> for someone that doesn't know SQL very well though. There's probably a
> better way that I'm missing?
>
> I would still like to get AD authentication working though. Is there a
> way to play around with it without affecting my admin account?
>
> I am running Python 2.5.4, installed via the standard Python.org
> installer. I attempted to install python-ldap with easy_install python-
> ldap but it was complaining about something so I used the Windows MSI
> installer I found above.
>
> I'm not sure where to get the crypt module from. Some random Googling
> seems to indicate that this might provide it, but I have no idea if
> it's the right thing or not: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracLDAPAuth/1.0
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. Let me know if there's a way I can try
> changing the auth_backend without messing with the admin account.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Jan 26, 5:29 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeremy.
>>
>> From the exception, it sounds like you don't have the crypt module.
>> What version of Python are you running and how did you install it?
>>
>> If you can look for some missing crypt model, you may be able to fix
>> this quickly and log in again. If not, I'll work up a small set of
>> instructions to reset your auth backend.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> On 1/26/09, Jeremy G <jeremy.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi all,
>>
>> > I got a Review Board install up and running on Windows, which was no
>> > small feat. It was working really well, and I'm really impressed with
>> > the tool.
>>
>> > I got a little ambitious and tried switching to Active Directory
>> > authentication, after installing python-ldap from here:
>> >http://www.osuch.org/python-ldap
>>
>> > I don't know much about AD so there's a good chance I screwed this up.
>> > I can't login anymore. When I try as a user with my AD credentials, I
>> > just get denied. When I try as admin (which isn't a valid AD login) I
>> > get a traceback (below).
>>
>> > Is there a way for me to manually edit the settings to go back to just
>> > normal account authorization? Or did I do something incorrectly when
>> > installing python-ldap?
>>
>> > I can't find where the settings are kept so I assumed it's in the DB?
>> > I'm using sqlite3.
>>
>> > Thanks very much for any help you can provide! Keep up the great work!
>>
>> > Jeremy
>>
>> > Possibly useful META:
>> > AUTH_TYPE  None
>>
>> > ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX u'/csi_reviews/media/admin/'
>> > AD_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER       u''
>> > AD_DOMAIN_NAME     u'CSI'
>> > AD_FIND_DC_FROM_DNS        False
>> > AD_GROUP_NAME      u''

> [...]