I don't do any UI work, so I know very little about Javascript, but
one of my co-workers is using Firebug, and apparently it says this
when you try to click the "Review" button:
$("<div/>").attr("id", "review-form").appendTo("body").html
(formHTML).modalBox is not a function

He also says "the click handlers for the line numbers just are not
there in the diff view".

When he reloads the diff page, he gets these two errors:
$.widget is not a function   jquery.gravy.js line 156
$.funcQueue is not a function  reviews.js line 1242

So I'd assume this has to do with the jquery upgrade. But I don't
understand why downgrading Review Board doesn't fix it. Hmm.