Issue resolved.

For reasons still a bit unclear to me, the apache directory /var/www/
reviewboard/htdocs directory was not being used as I expected. Instead
the python/site-pakages/reviewboard/htdocs directory was active. I
created a symlink from www area to python area, copied my old images
over, and it's all working now.