On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Dan Morrow <dmor...@maned.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm not a python expert. I've never used pylucene, or jcc. I'm just
> trying to follow the instructions and have a good result. The problem
> is, since I'm not an expert in python, I don't really know what the
> error messages mean.
>
> (PS. You know what would've been cool about reviewboard? If the
> install was as easy as "yum install reviewboard", gosh that would've
> been nice. But I digress).

How are you installing Review Board? Review Board itself is as easy as
"easy_install ReviewBoard." The dependencies are another issue, but htat's
completely beyond our control. You'd have to contact your distro and ask
them to package Review Board and its dependencies.

> I wanted to install pylucene, because it looks like it would be very
> useful. I was able to build the jcc. However, when I try and make
> pylucene, It gets partially through the make, but then it errors out
> (after building many files) saying
>
>  /usr/bin/python: module jcc has no associated file

I don't know what would be causing this. Could you send a full log of the
compile? Also, what version of PyLucene?