Hello all,

This got accidentally posted to the reviewboard-issues list, so I
apologize to those getting it twice.

I've been trying to get ReviewBoard working on a Debian 5 installation.
I've got apache2 and the required utilities installed (I believe), but
when I go to the directory where ReviewBoard should be accessed I only
see a directory list. I've looked through the mailing list archive but
the info there hasn't seemed to pinpoint the problem. I've looked
through the httpd.conf and the apache2.conf files (which are below) but
I'm not seeing any issues and hope someone out there can help.

I installed ReviewBoard to /var/www/reviews. I'm not using a fully
qualified domain name (it's all internal), so the domain was just
'xyzzy'. I upgraded to Alpha 1.0 release 4 just today, but now I just
see an additional "tmp/" directory in the list - the directory list is
still the only thing visible.

The reported configuration is: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.9
OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 Server at xyzzy Port 443

Here's my httpd.conf:

# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support

#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than

#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.

#

#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_python.so

#-------- End of httpd.conf ------

Here's the apache2.conf:

#

# Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob
McCool.

#

# This is the main Apache server configuration file.  It contains the

# configuration directives that give the server its instructions.

# See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ for detailed information about

# the directives.

#

# Do NOT simply read the instructions in here without understanding

# what they do.  They're here only as hints or reminders.  If you are
unsure

# consult the online docs. You have been warned.

#

# The configuration directives are grouped into three basic sections:

#  1. Directives that control the operation of the Apache server process
as a

#     whole (the 'global environment').

#  2. Directives that define the parameters of the 'main' or 'default'
server,

#     which responds to requests that aren't handled by a virtual host.

#     These directives also provide default values for the settings

#     of all virtual hosts.

#  3. Settings for virtual hosts, which allow Web requests to be sent to

#     different IP addresses or hostnames and have them handled by the

#     same Apache server process.

#

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many

# of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for Win32),
the

# server will use that explicit path.  If the filenames do *not* begin

# with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so
"/var/log/apache2/foo.log"

# with ServerRoot set to "" will be interpreted by the

# server as "//var/log/apache2/foo.log".

#

### Section 1: Global Environment

#

# The directives in this section affect the overall operation of Apache,

# such as the number of concurrent requests it can handle or where it

# can find its configuration files.

#

#

# ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's

# configuration, error, and log files are kept.

#

# NOTE!  If you intend to place this on an NFS (or otherwise network)

# mounted filesystem then please read the LockFile documentation
(available

# at <
URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mpm_common.html#lockfile>);

# you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

#

# Do NOT add a slash at the end of the directory path.

#

ServerRoot "/etc/apache2"

#

# The accept serialization lock file MUST BE STORED ON A LOCAL DISK.

#

#<IfModule !mpm_winnt.c>

#<IfModule !mpm_netware.c>

LockFile /var/lock/apache2/accept.lock

#</IfModule>

#</IfModule>

#

# PidFile: The file in which the server should record its process

# identification number when it starts.

# This needs to be set in /etc/apache2/envvars

#

PidFile ${APACHE_PID_FILE}

#

# Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.

#

Timeout 300

#

# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than

# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.

#

KeepAlive On

#

# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow

# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.

# We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.

#

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

#

# KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from
the

# same client on the same connection.

#

KeepAliveTimeout 15

##

## Server-Pool Size Regulation (MPM specific)

##

# prefork MPM

# StartServers: number of server processes to start

# MinSpareServers: minimum number of server processes which are kept
spare

# MaxSpareServers: maximum number of server processes which are kept
spare

# MaxClients: maximum number of server processes allowed to start

# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process
serves

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>

    StartServers          5

    MinSpareServers       5

    MaxSpareServers      10

    MaxClients          150

    MaxRequestsPerChild   0

</IfModule>

# worker MPM

# StartServers: initial number of server processes to start

# MaxClients: maximum number of simultaneous client connections

# MinSpareThreads: minimum number of worker threads which are kept spare

# MaxSpareThreads: maximum number of worker threads which are kept spare

# ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in each server
process

# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process
serves

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>

    StartServers          2

    MaxClients          150

    MinSpareThreads      25

    MaxSpareThreads      75

    ThreadsPerChild      25

    MaxRequestsPerChild   0

</IfModule>

# These need to be set in /etc/apache2/envvars

User ${APACHE_RUN_USER}

Group ${APACHE_RUN_GROUP}

#

# AccessFileName: The name of the file to look for in each directory

# for additional configuration directives.  See also the AllowOverride

# directive.

#

AccessFileName .htaccess

#

# The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being

# viewed by Web clients.

#

<Files ~ "^\.ht">

    Order allow,deny

    Deny from all

</Files>

#

# DefaultType is the default MIME type the server will use for a
document

# if it cannot otherwise determine one, such as from filename
extensions.

# If your server contains mostly text or HTML documents, "text/plain" is

# a good value.  If most of your content is binary, such as applications

# or images, you may want to use "application/octet-stream" instead to

# keep browsers from trying to display binary files as though they are

# text.

#

DefaultType text/plain

#

# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP addresses

# e.g., www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off).

# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if
people

# had to knowingly turn this feature on, since enabling it means that

# each client request will result in AT LEAST one lookup request to the

# nameserver.

#

HostnameLookups Off

# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.

# If you do not specify an ErrorLog directive within a <VirtualHost>

# container, error messages relating to that virtual host will be

# logged here.  If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>

# container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.

#

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

#

# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error_log.

# alert, emerg.

#

LogLevel warn

# Include module configuration:

Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load

Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf

# Include all the user configurations:

Include /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

# Include ports listing

Include /etc/apache2/ports.conf

#

# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with

# a CustomLog directive (see below).

# If you are behind a reverse proxy, you might want to change %h into
%{X-Forwarded-For}i

#

LogFormat "%v:%p %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" vhost_combined

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined

LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer

LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

#

# Define an access log for VirtualHosts that don't define their own
logfile

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log vhost_combined

#

# Customizable error responses come in three flavors:

# 1) plain text 2) local redirects 3) external redirects

#

# Some examples:

#ErrorDocument 500 "The server made a boo boo."

#ErrorDocument 404 /missing.html

#ErrorDocument 404 "/cgi-bin/missing_handler.pl"

#

#

# Putting this all together, we can internationalize error responses.

#

# We use Alias to redirect any /error/HTTP_<error>.html.var response to

# our collection of by-error message multi-language collections.  We use

# includes to substitute the appropriate text.

#

# You can modify the messages' appearance without changing any of the

# default HTTP_<error>.html.var files by adding the line:

#

#   Alias /error/include/ "/your/include/path/"

#

# which allows you to create your own set of files by starting with the

# /usr/share/apache2/error/include/ files and copying them to
/your/include/path/,

# even on a per-VirtualHost basis.  The default include files will
display

# your Apache version number and your ServerAdmin email address
regardless

# of the setting of ServerSignature.

#

# The internationalized error documents require mod_alias, mod_include

# and mod_negotiation.  To activate them, uncomment the following 30
lines.

#    Alias /error/ "/usr/share/apache2/error/"

#

#    <Directory "/usr/share/apache2/error">

#        AllowOverride None

#        Options IncludesNoExec

#        AddOutputFilter Includes html

#        AddHandler type-map var

#        Order allow,deny

#        Allow from all

#        LanguagePriority en cs de es fr it nl sv pt-br ro

#        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback

#    </Directory>

#

#    ErrorDocument 400 /error/HTTP_BAD_REQUEST.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 401 /error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 403 /error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 404 /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 405 /error/HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 408 /error/HTTP_REQUEST_TIME_OUT.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 410 /error/HTTP_GONE.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 411 /error/HTTP_LENGTH_REQUIRED.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 412 /error/HTTP_PRECONDITION_FAILED.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 413 /error/HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 414 /error/HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 415 /error/HTTP_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 500 /error/HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 501 /error/HTTP_NOT_IMPLEMENTED.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 502 /error/HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 503 /error/HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var

#    ErrorDocument 506 /error/HTTP_VARIANT_ALSO_VARIES.html.var

# Include of directories ignores editors' and dpkg's backup files,

# see README.Debian for details.

# Include generic snippets of statements

Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/

# Include the virtual host configurations:

Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

#-------- End of apache2.conf ------

And here's the apache-modpython.conf file (which is located in
/etc/apache2/sites-available with a symlink to it in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled):

<VirtualHost *:80>

                ServerName xyzzy

                DocumentRoot /var/www/reviews/htdocs

                # Error handlers

                ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

                # Serve django pages

                <Location "/">

                                PythonPath "['/var/www/reviews/conf'] +
sys.path"

                                SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE
reviewboard.settings

                                SetHandler mod_python

                                PythonHandler
django.core.handlers.modpython

                                PythonAutoReload Off

                                PythonDebug Off

                                # Used to run multiple mod_python sites
in the same apache

                                PythonInterpreter reviewboard_reviews

                </Location>

                # Serve static media without running it through
mod_python

                # (overrides the above)

                <Location "/media">

                                SetHandler None

                </Location>

                <Location "/errordocs">

                                SetHandler None

                </Location>

                Alias /media /var/www/reviews/htdocs/media

                Alias /errordocs /var/www/reviews/htdocs/errordocs

</VirtualHost>

Thanks you in advance!

                                                                ---
Bill.

Bill DeVoe
Software Engineer - Contractor
165 S. Union Blvd., Suite 888, Lakewood, CO 80228 USA
Tel: +1-303-763-4919

bill.de...@maptek.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This electronic mail transmission and any attachments contain information
belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom
this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken
in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately inform me by "reply" email and delete the message. Thank you.