How did you attempt the reinstall? Since django_evolution has no version,
simply doing an easy_install -U django_evolution isn't enough. You'll have
to go in and delete your old copy in your Python's site-packages directory
and then install it.

I'm looking to work around this by stamping nightly builds of
django_evolution soon.