Hi Pierre,

"Submitted" basically means that the review process for this change is done,
the code (or docs, or images, etc) has gone in, and no further work will be
done on this particular review request or change. New work on the feature
would then go into a new review request. By marking it as submitted, it
won't clutter up people's dashboards anymore.

The only time I really see a submitted review request being reopened is when
there's a build breakage and the change was reverted and must be updated
again, but whether it's used this way or not is a personal thing. A
developer could easily create a new review request for this purpose.

In a future version, I'm hoping we can make this a little more useful by
specifying an optional message when closing as submitted (such as the change
number/revision the change was committed in).