On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> So it's really going to depend on the sizes of the individual files
> themselves. If a file is by itself large enough to cause a couple meg diff
> to be generated, there's nothing we can do really do, since that boils down
> to too large a file to show in the browser.
Is there a specific reason why you went with the current diff view,
where you basically get a diff for all files (or a large number of
them) at once? It's actually one of the off-putting UI features among
our team, since it's quite confusing to have so many diffs in a page.
Our pre-reviewboard solution (and current solution, until we iron out
some reviewboard UI issues) is to basically pack the changes using a
custom tool--it packs before/after snapshots of the files, which can
then be viewed using any diffviewer. Needless to say, all diff viewers
display one-file at a time (or at least: one file in its own window).

Modifying the UI to display one diff at a time would potentially save
some loading time, no? It'd also remove the need to split the diff
into several pages. While the user is inspecting a file, you can
silently work on the others in the background.

Muhammad Haggag