I'm in a similar (but not completely same) situation and I tried your
patch, but it did not work for me.
I have to admit I'm quite new to reviewboard and git, too, and I'm not
sure if I use it the right way.

My situation is the following:
I have a svn trunk, a svn branch (let's call it mybranch) and a local
git branch mybranch-local. In the trunk there is a file which was
deleted in mybranch and therefore also in the local git branch. When
trying to upload a diff with --parent=trunk I get the following error
during upload of the parent diff:
Error uploading diff: The file was not found in the repository (207)
>>> {u'stat': u'fail', u'file': u'/branches/mybranch/filepath/filename.cpp',
>>> u'err': {u'msg': u'The file was not found in the repository', u'code':
>>> 207}, u'revision': u'66'}

Do I have to configure reviewboard to use a git repository? (Currently
I have it configured using the svn repository)