The built in AD based ldap module does for the most part work. I had to
patch the module because our... domain suffix(?) wasn't quite a standard
format so I wanted a config variable to override that.

When I next try to upgrade to the latest beta, i'll be trying to generate a
patch and uploading it.

For most people it should be usable though if thats any help.

Gavin