So, this issue has come up before, and the solution each time was to add
FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME = "/". We since made it the default for lighttpd. I can't
figure out why you're hitting this issue, given that. A google search isn't
turning up much, either...

I just tested a config of lighttpd that matches your config except for the
domain name and path, and it works fine.

What version of lighttpd are you using? I'm using 1.4.19 here.