Hi all, We just finished a comparison of reviewboard with Crucible and CodeCollaborator. Overall everyone was impressed with ReviewBoard as it certainly holds its own against these commercial tools.
However, the users noted a few areas that could be improved. Here are the comments from the team: "The Dashboard doesn't keep track of reviews that you have completed. Instead it shows all the reviews in a large list. It's quite difficult to know if you have completed a review or not by just looking at the list. I believe it just colorizes the Posted and Last Updated columns, but I believe this doesn't directly indicate the status of the review, and doesn't indicate which reviewers haven't completed. It's probably just triggered by time from when the review was created." "Comments are hard to follow. I find that the way the list of comments gets rendered that it's hard to follow. I realize they're sequential, but I just find it confusing at times." "Having to click publish is a bit of a clunky workflow. Sometimes I forget that the green strip is there with a publish on it. I just want to say OK to a comment and have it publish. Having to click publish is an extra step I feel the tool could do without." "There's no indication as to who has completed the review, and who has yet to complete it. This would be helpful" "It can't roll up revisions. Though this is because this tool is for pre-checkins, it still makes it harder for the review to stay relevant once you have made some further changes. You would have to start another review with the new patch file, and that just makes the review dashboard messier than it already is." We'll continue to watch ReviewBoard closely -- it seems like it's on its way to being a solid tool. Darren. --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
