Hi Nicholas, post-review is indeed the right tool to use for most things. You can review existing files by passing the filenames to post-review, OR you can specify a revision range. It doesn't support both (though we'd accept patches for this, which probably would be easy -- just modify SVNClient.diff_between_revisions to append the value of args to the do_diff argument list).
If your goal to start with is to put whole existing files up for review, you'd want to use a revision range of 0 to the latest version. Short of modifying post-review for this, you could use svn diff for the purpose and then upload through the web UI. If you're comfortable with Python, though, I'd recommend modifying post-review and giving that a try. If it works, we'll commit it upstream. Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.review-board.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Nicholas <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi, > > I am attempting to introduce ReviewBoard to a group of junior > developers who have been committing code to their existing SVN server > for over one year. > > As this is their initial code review, there are files for which I'd > like to review as a whole, not just the recent few diffs/commits > > Is post-review the tool to use? > > For example, there is a header file called utility.h which have been > worked on for about 1 year with hundreds of revisions. > > I'd like to code review the whole header file. > > What flags should I use? > > The plan is that over time, we can start diffing specific section of > the file for review but it's the initial review that I need to plan > for. > > Regards > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
