We use perforce, but I doubt IT will allow me to globally add a property to
the server.

I wouldn't mind writing a patch to implement a global config file.  I'd need
a few questions answered first:

1. In Linux the file would go in /etc.  What about Windows?  What should be
the default path?

2. I envision the behavior like this:  Read the global file, then merge in
the users setting.  If the user overrides something in the global then keep
the users settings.  This way the users inherit all the global settings, but
can override them as needed/desired.  Is that OK?

3. I would like to change the config file format to be readable by the
config parser that comes with Python.  Is that acceptable?  The format I
have in mind would be something like this:

url = http://rb.mysite.com

url = http://reviewboard.example.com

url = http://reviewboard.example.com

Let me know what you think.  I can't promise this to be fast (since I should
probably try to keep my day job), but it is something that I would find
useful and think perhaps others would too.