This is an issue we've run into as well.  While I may be incorrect in my
assumption here, since I haven't gotten around to digging deeper,
ReviewBoard compares the server connection's FQDN to the domain name you
specified in the administration settings.  Two issues:

1) If you try to provide an alias domain name, it fails.
2) If you try to use a perforce proxy server it will fail because
ReviewBoard tries to reach the original perforce server.  This can be an
issue, especially when post-review grabs diffs using the original perforce
server which is across the Atlantic :-(.

While not a showstopper, it's merely an inconvenience.  The simple solution
is to grab:

{'repository_path': 'perforce.oberonmedia.local:1666', 'changenum': '73292'}

and add "perforce.oberonmedia.local:1666" as one of the servers in
administration.

-Tom