Now this is useful:

2009-05-20 03:30:42,242 - WARNING - An error while LDAP-
authenticating:
2009-05-20 03:30:42,242 - WARNING - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0rc3.dev_r1979-
py2.4.egg/reviewboard/accounts/backends.py", line 93, in authenticate
    return self.get_or_create_user(username)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0rc3.dev_r1979-
py2.4.egg/reviewboard/accounts/backends.py", line 146, in
get_or_create_user
    email=email)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'email' referenced before assignment

I didn't set the e-mail field in the settings, it is greyed out and
not required after all. After setting it, it works fine, thank you so
much for walking me through this!!!

Alex