At VMware, we have a couple thousand engineers working on a single
server. Granted, I think it's a VM
with 4GB of RAM and multiple vcpus, but it's still a single server.

We've been addressing performance recently, and while it's pretty
good, there's still more to do. MySQL
isn't a big bottleneck--most of it is computing the diffs to display.
I don't think you'll have any trouble
getting 200 people up and running.

-David