I removed old mysql database. I removed the site directory. I changed
locale on my debian lenny from it_IT utf-8 to en_US utf-8. I created a
new mysql database with collation utf-8_general_ci. I recreated the
site from scratch entering: rb-site install <path>.

Now all work fine. But because of my python lack of knowledge I cannot
fugure out where it was the problem. maybe the local settings?
To post to this group, send email to