I'm not really sure why this is an issue, but all uploads to reviewboard are
via diff.  If you use the post-review tool, you never have to
see/touch/smell the diff at all, you just deal with the review, and your
VCS's revision specs.

Even though you're uploading a diff, reviewboard goes out to your VCS, pulls
out the whole file, and hilights the areas which have changed.

I think that answers your question as I understand it; if you're asking
whether you can review existing files(like reviewing your whole codebase),
check the archives of this list... Christian has covered that a few times,
and it's very possible to do with post-review.

--
Jeff