It's possible that you can use Django's built-in loaddata/dumpdata commands,
but it's not supported, may not work perfectly, and may require a lot of
RAM, depending on database size.

You can try using:

    rb-site manage /path/to/site dumpdata > dbdump.json

Then on the new database settings:

    rb-site manage /path/to/site loaddata dbdump.json

Hope it works.

Christian Hammond -
Review Board -
VMware, Inc. -

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Lester Cheung <>wrote:

> Hi all,
> Have been using reviewboard at work and every likes it. Now that I
> have a proper machine to run reviewboard on I'd like to switch from
> the original sqlite db to a postgres so my question is:-
> How do one export and import a reviewboard database properly?
> I tried to do a dump with "sqlite <file> .dump" but postgres doesn't
> like the output. I guess it has something to do with the data type
> names not being the same but before I dig into that I'd like to know
> if this has been done and how hard it will be. :)
> Cheers,
> Lester Cheung

To post to this group, send email to