Vesterbaek wrote:
> I would find it useful to to be able to configure this independently
> for groups and people, such that a user can choose to be member of a
> particular group, but not receive any emails from review requests to
> that group, but only get emails if a review request is directed at the
> user (listed in "people").
> Usecase:
>  - We have a number of development teams, which each map to one or
> more reviewboard groups. I've setup "default reviewers" for the
> different groups based on the repository paths of the files in the
> review requests. We do it this way to make sure that all developers
> can easily stay orientated about different review requests that is
> relevant for them, and possibly comment if they feel like doing so.
> They should not (be forced to) receive emails about these group review
> requests. Mandatory reviewers are put in the "peoples" field, and
> these should normally receive emails.

The way we tackle this is with (Mailman) mailing lists. People join the
mailing list and have the usual options; all emails, digest, or no emails.

We then making the mailing-list-email-address the group email address
and NEVER add anyone to the Reviewboard groups.

Then when posting a review add the group, and the specific people.

Not exactly what you asked for but can accomplish the same thing. This
works for us as we had an existing mailing list already in place,
reviewboard simply makes life easier for the people that want to use
Reviewboard, this use case may not work for everyone.

To post to this group, send email to