I don't know if the two problem we encounter are connected.

1. There is a way to make review board 404 in r1993.

New review request.
Upload diff.
Upload another diff, but don't publish it.

Now when you are viewing diffs, you see 3-3 inter-diff (I mean upper 3
and lower 3 are enabled). Click lower 2, 2-3 shows, then click lower
1. This time 1-3 nor 1-2 show up, but 404 happens.

Sometimes you need to click some other way to generate this problem
again, just inter-diff with different ones.

Here is the bad url.
https://example.com/reviewboard/r/113/diff/[138] emailtest.patch r1-
[139] emailtest.patch r2/

2. Updating diff always shows an error:
Error: Saving the form failed due to a server error: 0 n/a

Please try again later. If this continues to happen, please report it
to your administrator.

Detail: {"stat": "ok", "diffset_id": 141}

At this time you just reload the page, and everything seems working
OK, new diff uploaded and asks to publish.