So this would allow for reporting progress on, say, file fetches from
Perforce? Something like that would be interesting for displaying progresses
on rendering diffs, but would be a lot of work. We'd need to find a good use
case for it and implement things in a way where our code could take
advantage of this information without requiring (for all the other SCMs).

Christian Hammond -
Review Board -
VMware, Inc. -

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Paul Scott <> wrote:

> Hey Review Boarders,
> My team uses the -zprog global option with a few major internal
> scripts/applications to help better track usage patterns. (If you're
> unfamiliar with -zprog, you can read about it here:
> I was thinking about adding this to our Review Board and post-review.
> How/where I implement this will be a little bit different based on whether
> this is a customization or something I intend to submit as a patch, so I
> wanted to see if this is something folks would like Review Board to do, or
> not like Review Board to do, or what.
> Thanks,
> Paul Scott

To post to this group, send email to