There's a bug open for this somewhere. There are plans to improve the e-mail
support and allow for customizing this to an extent down the road.

Are you using mailing lists for reviews? In general, this gives users a lot
more options as to whether they'll see the e-mails at all (unless you're
directly on the reviewer list, or it's your review request, or you reviewed
it, but those will be customizable down the road).