Thanks Christian.

I found a number of bugs open for this. I am looking forward to see
this implemented in future,
If I get some time I can contribute some code too.

Unfortunately, we are not using mailing lists. So that option is ruled
out. However
I found that the e-mails are template based and I can change the
template to somewhat
reduce the content of the e-mails. I understand that I'll have patch
it every time I upgrade
but that's not a big deal.

On Jun 17, 11:02 pm, Christian Hammond <> wrote:
> There's a bug open for this somewhere. There are plans to improve the e-mail
> support and allow for customizing this to an extent down the road.
> Are you using mailing lists for reviews? In general, this gives users a lot
> more options as to whether they'll see the e-mails at all (unless you're
> directly on the reviewer list, or it's your review request, or you reviewed
> it, but those will be customizable down the road).
> Christian Hammond -
> Review Board -
> VMware, Inc. -
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Raghu <> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We have been running review board in our organization on a trial basis
> > for sometime now. So far the feedback has been very positive. However
> > one comment that I often heard was about the e-mail "spam". Users get
> > too many e-mails with too much content.
> > Is there a way to control what e-mails a user receives. For e.g., I
> > want to get only "Ship It" mails.
> > Also can we control the content of the e-mail? Is that a template
> > based e-mail?
> > If this cannot be done (without too much customization), are there
> > plans to support this in future? May be along with extensions?
> > Thanks,
> > Raghu
To post to this group, send email to