After playing around with post-review, here's some more information
that may be helpful in solving the problem. I have 3 different repos
set up on the server (one is the trunk and two are user branches).

URL                                                        Local Path
http://12.245.678.912/hg                 -->   /home/hg/losthaven
http://12.245.678.912/hg/dportnoy   -->   /home/dportnoy/hg
http://12.245.678.912/hg/aluthra      -->   /home/aluthra/hg

Now, I get interesting results when I try to run post-review (with the
same args as in my first post) from the different repos.

/home/hg/losthaven  (running as hg and logging into reviewboard as
dportnoy)
shows ">>> repository info: Path: http://97.107.136.157/hg, Base
path: , Supports changesets: False" and fails as it did in my first
post

/home/dportnoy/hg  (running as dportnoy and logging into reviewboard
as dportnoy)
shows ">>> repository info: Path: http://12.345.678.912/hg, Base
path: , Supports changesets: False" and fails (this is the same thing
I did in the previous post)

/home/aluthra/hg  (running as aluthra and logging into reviewboard as
dportnoy)
shows ">>> repository info: Path: /home/hg/losthaven, Base path: ,
Supports changesets: False" and this case succeeds.

It looks like the repo path is being set incorrectly somewhere, but I
have no idea where.