I actually ran rb-site w/o those params.  I just wanted to convey that
info (should've done it another way).

I gave web server ownership to the 'db' directory (running sqlite3)
and its content,  and that did the trick.  Thanks!  That step should
probably be added to the docs for those who use sqlite.

Somewhere here:
http://www.review-board.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/sites/creating-sites/#changing-permissions

Thanks again for everyone's help.  My ulterior motive here is to
convince the boss to use Review Board over Crucible.  The path looks
clear now (yay!)

Eric P