@Christian:

If install P4PythonInstaller using easy_install and run it, it tells
me:

Download the Windows installer at:
http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/API/python/index.html

That is the version I was using previously and which doesn't have the
function "run_describe".

@Paul:

I've gone to the perforce official FTP server (ftp://ftp.perforce.com/
perforce/) and downloaded the latest version (r09.1) of p4python from
there: ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r09.1/bin.ntx86/p4python25.exe.
However, that version doesn't have the "run_describe" function either.

Can you please check your P4.py file (C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages
\P4.py) and see if you have "run_describe" there?

Thanks!
Angel.-