The settings file is internal to Review Board. It's just a requirement of
Django. You don't have to worry about it.

As for the configuration, as Jeff Andros said, you probably need to shut off
the default site and then use this. If that turns out not to be the problem,
then we can investigate further. Though, it would help to know exactly what
is meant by "nothing happens."