I use the diff upload form when I want to make a more complex diff. I
added the current simple support for git just so something was
available but it needs a lot more flexibility to really follow the
distributed spirit.

I think it might be better to take whatever git diff will take, so I
can specify something like HEAD^ or HEAD~3..HEAD~1, etc. This would be
just one argument. The 'new' and 'origin' arguments would work as
well.

Dan