The link you were looking at has to do with a Review Board site instance. A
server can host several sites, which are maintained by rb-site. However, a
site is *not* the software. The software has to be installed and upgraded
separately, which is what the page I linked to covers. Once the software is
upgraded, you can then upgrade the sites (which would until then be using
parts of the older version instead of the newer one).