I am trying to install reviewboard so that pages get served from
something like

And when I installed rc2 some time ago it was working correctly.

Today I upgraded to 1.0 after the machine running rb was brought back up
(it was down for some days) and rb does not work anymore: rb is up, but
I get the following message

"If you're pretty sure this page does exist, try logging in and trying

If you click on "logging in" you are directed to

(note the double 'reviews')

As far as I know nothing else changed on the machine.

Do you have any suggestion on how to achieve that and on why this
stopped working after the upgrade?

here is the relevant apache config I am using:

        # ReviewBoard customization

        # Serve django pages
        <Location /reviews/>
                PythonPath "['/var/www/reviews/conf'] + sys.path"
                SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE reviewboard.settings
                SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE "/var/www/reviews/tmp/egg_cache"
                SetHandler mod_python
                PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
                PythonAutoReload Off
                PythonDebug Off
                # Used to run multiple mod_python sites in the same apache
                PythonInterpreter reviewboard_reviewboard

        # Serve static media without running it through mod_python
        # (overrides the above)
        <Location "/reviews/media">
                SetHandler None
        <Location "/reviews/errordocs">
                SetHandler None

        <Directory "/var/www/reviews/htdocs">
                AllowOverride All

        Alias /reviews/media "/var/www/reviews/htdocs/media"
        Alias /reviews/errordocs "/var/www/reviews/htdocs/errordocs"

and in settings_local.py I have

SITE_ROOT = '/reviews/'