Hi Eric,

I am new to review board as well but I do not belive "--branch"
actually refers to branch in the source. It is a field in review board
which is a plan text.  If you open up review board for one of the
submitted field you will see it as one of the form item that you can

We use perforce and can do the following
post-review //depot/1.0.0/example.c
post-review //depot/1.0.1/example.c

I have not used subversion so I am not sure what the syntax will be.

You can find documentation on
and for --branch it indicates

Sets the review request’s branch field to the specified text.

So I do not believe it is related to the source structure but more for
documenting it in review board fields.