Hi,

It sounds like probably we're missing a tool. We're going to be better about
errors for this in the next release :)

First thing to check is that you have the mercurial Python bindings. This
will fail if you don't.

You can get better debug information by modifying your site's
conf/settings_local.py and setting DEBUG to True. Then restart your server
and try again. You should see more detailed error information, which we can
look at if there's a non-obvious cause.