With a bit more experience, I found the answer to #5: post-commit
hooks. using the post-review tool is quite easy (but it always seems
to look in the current directory for the subversion server, not the
directory containing the file/folder I'm generating a diff for).

I may add this to my post-commit hook later. First I'd need that tool
to auto-generate a summary and description (preferably from the log
message) and optionally publishes the review for my group to review.
The thing with an automated review generator is that there will be
lots of reviews generated, and many of them will be unnecessary, so
extending the UI to have a 'cancel all pending reviews' would be nice,
as would a "next" button to step through them.