I'm getting the same problem discussed here almost a year ago:

The error message I get is:

Exception Type: P4Exception at /reviewboard/api/json/reviewrequests/
Exception Value: [P4#run] Errors during command execution( "p4
describe -s 55798" )

        [Error]: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.

This goes away when I set the repository user's password to a ticket,
but this isn't a good permanent solution for me, since our tickets
expire after 12 hours.

The p4 describe command works fine when I call it from the commandline
on our ReviewBoard server, so I'm not sure I understand what the root
issue is.

Can anyone shed some light on this?