Uploading the diff works now after fixing some perforce registry

However, when I click the "View Diff" button in the request details
page, I got this error:
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\winnt\\temp\

The patched new file isn't there. I turned on the debug, and saw the
output of the patch command:
    Hmm...  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.

I tweaked the code of "diffutils.py" by first saving the diff data
into a file, and then run the patch command:
    patch -d c:\winnt\temp\reviewboard.jyl6y5 -i tmpsx6zut-diff -o
tmpsx6zut-new tmpsx6zut

But still not working. This command worked fine when executed in the
DOS console.

It also works fine when executed in python runtime interactively:
    >>> command = 'patch -d c:\winnt\temp\reviewboard.jyl6y5 -i
tmpsx6zut-diff -o tmpsx6zut-new tmpsx6zut'
    >>> import subprocess
    >>> p = subprocess.Popen(command, stdin=subprocess.PIPE,
stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
    >>> p.stdout.read()
    'patching file c:\\winnt\\temp\\reviewboard.zug54j\\tmp-wkiqd\r\n'

What could be wrong?

I am using the GnuWin32 patch version 2.5.9.