Hi,

There's a bug with saving some authentication settings. The changes don't
make it to all the Python threads. Try making the change and restarting
Apache.

As for settings_local.py, the configuration options aren't actually saved
there. We have in-database settings that get pulled out and put into an
in-memory version of the settings file. This works well for the most part,
except the thread propagation, which I thought we had fixed, but apparently
not.