Thanks for prompt answer.

You said that " Try making the change ".
What change? Can you explain further?

Here is I observed now. I keep updating LDAP settings even if restore
to default.
Now, What I see is that I login/logout as admin few times, and LDAP
settings are there.
They stop getting set to default.

Then I restarted apached but still I could not login in RB using my
authentication. Do I need to have memchached installed first?
We are in middle of RB installation so I think we still need to
install patch, cmemcache and libmemcache

On Sep 28, 1:45 pm, Christian Hammond <> wrote:
> Hi,
> There's a bug with saving some authentication settings. The changes don't
> make it to all the Python threads. Try making the change and restarting
> Apache.
> As for, the configuration options aren't actually saved
> there. We have in-database settings that get pulled out and put into an
> in-memory version of the settings file. This works well for the most part,
> except the thread propagation, which I thought we had fixed, but apparently
> not.
> Christian Hammond -
> Review Board -
> VMware, Inc. -
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Kunjal <> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > We are evaluating RB 1.0.3.
> > We want LDAP Authentication so we install python-ldap and make changes
> > to LDAP Settings in Admin->Settings and then restart apache.
> > The LDAP authentication is not working. Few things to note.
> > 1. When I go back to Admin->Settings, It again default back to
> > Standard Registration
> > 2. the file does not have any info on LDAP. Do I
> > need to add LDAP info. in file as well?
> > Pls. help.
> > Thanks
> > Kunjal