Hi Skip,

People do use it on Solaris and Mac. On occasion, we get patches to fix
certain things. However, 99% of our userbase is on Linux or Windows (mostly
Linux), and without having a development machine for Solaris or Mac
ourselves, we can't guarantee that everything will work out of the box. We
will help, though, with any issues that come up, to the best of our ability.

As Eduardo points out, he's been running on MacOS X for a while, so I'm sure
he'd be happy to help with any issues.

Most of our dependencies are pure-Python, so they should work. A few
remaining ones need to be compiled against Python headers, but assuming a
valid gcc install and the appropriate development packages, you should be
good. Another option if you get completely stuck is to run inside a Linux

I know that on the client side, people have been using post-review on both
MacOS X and Solaris.

If you do want to try this and you find anything that warrants special note
on one of those platforms, let us know and we'll update the docs.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Skip Montanaro