Hi everyone,

One of the biggest problems we've noticed from new users is that various
repositories require SSH or HTTPS (in the case of Subversion) access, and
that we had no support for this, requiring instead that users set up a
dedicated read-only HTTP repository.

Tonight I've committed code to our Git repository that adds experimental
support for repositories backed by SSH, and Subversion repositories backed
by HTTPS. I'd like to have some volunteers with such a setup test this
before our 1.1 alpha 2 release.

If you're up for testing it, please install Review Board from Git (on a
non-production server!) and install a site there. If you're using Windows,
you're going to need to download the latest PyCrypto from
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pycrypto first and install

Once you have the site set up, go about creating your repository entry. Note
that for this to work, Review Board or our backends will need to create and
write to $HOME/.ssh and $HOME/.subversion (in the case of SVN repositories)
directories. It will attempt to create these directories when it needs to
for repositories using SSH/HTTPS, and if it fails, it will give you
instructions on what you need to do.

$HOME is the home directory of whatever user the web server is running as.
On Ubuntu, for instance, this will default to /var/www. If you need to use a
different directory, you will have to change the user's home directory.

Note that it's a requirement to use the web server's user's home directory.
There will no doubt be some requests to make this directory configurable,
but this isn't an option. We support a variety of repository tools and many
of those call /usr/bin/ssh, which will expect to use $HOME/.ssh. Likewise,
pysvn expects ~/.subversion.

The sooner we know that these work, the sooner we can get 1.1 Alpha 2 out
the door.