Hi Christian,

we've installed RB from the Git repository this morning.  What we are
trying to do is to run two versions of RB on the same machine, RB
1.0.3 and RB 1.1a, sharing user and web server, but on two different
instances of the Python interpreter.

I suspect that this doesn't actually work, since RB 1.1a still claims
to be RB 1.0.3, although it might simply be the case that the message
hasn't been updated in the sources.

Is running two instances of RB possible in principle?  If so, I would
appreciate any hints.

What I'm actually trying to do is to test RB on a CVS repository via

On 5 Oct 2009, at 09:08, Christian Hammond wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> One of the biggest problems we've noticed from new users is that
> various repositories require SSH or HTTPS (in the case of
> Subversion) access, and that we had no support for this, requiring
> instead that users set up a dedicated read-only HTTP repository.
> Tonight I've committed code to our Git repository that adds
> experimental support for repositories backed by SSH, and Subversion
> repositories backed by HTTPS. I'd like to have some volunteers with
> such a setup test this before our 1.1 alpha 2 release.
> If you're up for testing it, please install Review Board from Git
> (on a non-production server!) and install a site there. If you're
> using Windows, you're going to need to download the latest PyCrypto
> from http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pycrypto first
> and install it.
> Once you have the site set up, go about creating your repository
> entry. Note that for this to work, Review Board or our backends will
> need to create and write to $HOME/.ssh and $HOME/.subversion (in the
> case of SVN repositories) directories. It will attempt to create
> these directories when it needs to for repositories using SSH/HTTPS,
> and if it fails, it will give you instructions on what you need to do.
> $HOME is the home directory of whatever user the web server is
> running as. On Ubuntu, for instance, this will default to /var/www.
> If you need to use a different directory, you will have to change
> the user's home directory.
> Note that it's a requirement to use the web server's user's home
> directory. There will no doubt be some requests to make this
> directory configurable, but this isn't an option. We support a
> variety of repository tools and many of those call /usr/bin/ssh,
> which will expect to use $HOME/.ssh. Likewise, pysvn expects
> ~/.subversion.
> The sooner we know that these work, the sooner we can get 1.1 Alpha
> 2 out the door.
> Thanks!
> Review Board - http://www.review-board.org
> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Dr. Clemens Ballarin -- Senior Software Engineer

aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * D-76131 Karlsruhe  * Germany
http://www.aicas.com   * phone +49 721 663 968-35  * fax -99

USt-Id: DE216375633, Handelsregister HRB 109481, AG Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Dr. James J. Hunt

Happy user? Let us know at